Looking into Liminality

Back to Article
Back to Article

Looking into Liminality

Kirstyn Johnson, Copy Editor

Founded by Paige and Gracie Fuhrman, the Chief Co-Editors, Liminality is the Cabot High School literary magazine. It is published every year online and during the school year in magazine format. Liminality is a collection of artistic and literary content submitted by students. The magazine has an editor for each category of submission, and is directed by a staff of over ten students, which can be found under the Masthead at the beginning of the magazine, and facilitated by 10 grade English teacher Mrs. Asewicz.

“We are very open to any artistic content,” Mrs. Asewicz said. “Nonfiction essays, fiction writing, comics, art, poems. Whatever people have to give us, we wanna take.” And just like any magazine, the design is flexible because the group of students who direct get to decide what they want it to look like.

Last year, there was only a Spring edition. This year, however, the students and sponsors want to put the magazine into two editions. “We would like to attempt to have a Fall and a Spring edition instead of just the Spring edition,” Mrs. Asewicz said, “and then recruit more people to be a part of our voice and Liminality, to submit to both of those.” The magazines, when published, will be given to students for free at a release party held by the staff of Liminality; the date and place for this release party will be advertised around the time it is supposed to happen.

To submit to Liminality, a student would need to take their submission to Mrs. Asewicz in room 2433. “Then the students will edit it, and then allow you to fix anything that you want to fix based off of those suggestions,” Mrs. Asewicz said. The submission will then either be put into the magazine or online.