Christmas Donations

Christmas+Donations

Desiree Erzar, Staff Writer

A variety of classes and clubs at CHS are participating in collecting donations for the Cabot Christmas Alliance. The FACS department in Champs Hall decided to help raise money to help CHS students and their siblings for Christmas. “We decided that if everybody gave a little bit, then everybody could be a part of making a bigger difference,” FACS teacher Jayme Nyborg said.

All of the spare change that was collected was immediately sent off to the bank and put towards helping students in the Cabot School District. The four FACS teachers collected around $500 dollars in total to donate from collecting spare change. “It’s impressive how much you can raise by asking students for their spare change over the course of a few weeks,” Nyborg said.

The FACS department turned raising money into a competition. Whichever class raised the most money received a piece of candy. The collecting stopped on November 30, with Mrs. Roland’s class being announced as the winner. “Mrs. Roland next door raised over $200, therefore she’s the winner,” Nyborg said.

The FACS department did not just collect spare change; they also held two fundraisers and received a $500 donation from a student’s parent. “We were able to provide presents for 17 students,” Nyborg said.