“We Meet Once More Now it’s Time to Settle the Score”

Kathryn Bland, Editor

As the Friday night lights shone once more, settling the score was the goal of the Cabot High School Panthers. Fayetteville Bulldogs won against Cabot Panthers in the 2021 Season Play-Offs, leaving the Panthers awaiting their chance at redemption. 

Within 11 seconds of the First Quarter, starter Abe Owens threw the first touchdown of the game, with Jaden Whaley running it in. Cabot fans went insane with support for the extraordinary play. Both teams took a time out within the first quarter, leaving the first quarter with a score of 7-0. The Ceremonial Game Ball was given to the First American Bank Interest.

The game score came to a standstill until Fayetteville Bulldogs made a TD with 1:35 left on the clock. The 2-point conversion was good, however, Fayetteville was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Cabot had a chance for a TD soon after but fumbled while nearing the end-zone. Cabot called a time-out with 35 seconds on the clock, Kade Martin then made a good field goal leaving the score 10-8 at halftime.

During halftime, the Spirit of Cabot Dance Team, the Spirit of Cabot Cheer team, and the Spirit of Cabot Marching band performed, with the band playing an excerpt of their upcoming show and the school fight song. The Cabot Panther himself even made an appearance, dancing along with the drum line and student section while high-fiving students and families alike.

The second half of the game was filled with turmoil and uncertainty, with Fayetville and Cabot scoring touchdowns back to back. Number 20, Evion Jimmerson, ran in two of the three second-half touchdowns. Fans could be heard chanting and singing while the band played in the background as the clock ticked down to the final seconds. 

“10”

“9”

“TOUCHDOWN PANTHERS”

With that one phrase, the entire stadium erupted in noise. Panther Pride was energetically flaunted in Cabot fans. The Panthers kicked a good field goal and ran down the last seven seconds of the clock. The ending score was 31-28.