Panthers Homecoming

Kathryn Bland, Editor

The Cabot High School Panthers went up against the Little Rock Tigers on Friday, October 14th. The Panthers held a pep rally before the game, as it was their homecoming game. Before the game, Cabot High School Club Ambassadors were announced, along with the royalty.

Panthers were almost able to draw first blood at 10 minutes and 15 seconds with #12 Abe Owen rushing in a touchdown that was immediately flagged for holding. The touchdown was rescinded. The Panthers were finally able to score their first touchdown at a little over 8 minutes left of the first quarter. #20 Evion Jimerson rushed in the first touchdown, which was followed by a signature #84 Kade Martin good extra point. Panthers were able to score another touchdown before the end of the first quarter with 3 minutes and 1 second left. #24 Owen Horn was able to rush the touchdown, and the student section went wild with glee. Horn’s touchdown was quickly followed by yet another extra point from Martin. Panthers left the first quarter with a 15-point lead.

Starting the second quarter with a bang, the Panthers scored a touchdown at 11 minutes and 12 seconds left with Jimerson rushing it in. Martin followed through with a good extra point. Less than a minute later Owen was able to rush in his second touchdown of the night, with Martin scoring another extra point. At 6 minutes and 15 seconds, Horn was able to score his second touchdown of the night followed by a good Martin extra point. Panthers headed into the locker room with a 35-point lead.

Halftime entertainment consisted of the Spirit of Cabot Marching Band performing their hit show “Bubbly” which earned them a place at their regional Bands of America, being only the fourth band in Arkansas history to do so. Following their performance were the Cabot High Schools Dance and Cheer teams.

#41 Landon Oliveto rushed the Panthers’ first touchdown of the second half at 11 minutes and minutes and 2 seconds left. Martin once again scored a good extra point. The Tigers got their first touchdown of the game in the last 30 seconds of the third quarter, the extra point was no good.

#80 Peyton Beedle made an almost 80-yard rush scoring a touchdown for the Panthers at 9 minutes and 16 left of the fourth quarter. The crowd went insane, as Beedle was able to evade the Tigers and rush the touchdown. Martin’s extra point was good, the score jumped to 49-6. The Tigers did seek slight redemption towards the end of the fourth quarter, scoring a touchdown and extra point, but the Panthers’ lead was too strong to combat. As the clock ticked down anticipation for after-game festivities grew. Cabot Students roared with excitement when the clock hit 0:00. The Panthers’ next game will be October 21st at Bryant, who is ranked #1 in the 7a division, with the Panthers being #2.