November 3rd Swim Meet: Cabot at Conway

November 3rd Swim Meet: Cabot at Conway

Cayla Garcia, Sports Reporter

As the sun slowly started to set at Conway, the Cabot High School Swim team was nervous but excited for the first meet of the season. While cheering on their team, Cabot was thrilled for the competition ahead of them.

Cabot went against Conway and Central Arkansas Christain High School. Cabot put up a good hard fight against Conway. 

Conway won the meet with 734 points, and Cabot second with 465 points. Central was third with 103 points. 

“Well I’d say individually, everybody to improve their times then find out each relay team by the end of the year, who’s going to fit on each relay,” swim coach Malham said. 

Cabots girls took a strong lead winning the 200 medley relay. Junior Julyiana Fear started the relay off with backstroke, then junior Grace Esteban went second to swim breaststroke, after that, sophomore Elizabeth Eseban swum fly, and to finish off the relay junior Cayla Garcia swam  freestyle. 

The boys 200 medley relay was right after the girls 200 medley relay. The 200 medley boys relay took another strong lead with first place. The relay team consisted of James Bolton, Jacob Hertzog, Tristan Peterson, and Gabriel Davis. 

Brianna Mahoney took second in the 100 back.  Tristan Peterson took first place in the 200 free. Kyndall Howard took second place in the 200 IM. Jacob Hertzog took first place in the 200 IM. Cayla Garcia was first in the 50 free. James Bolton got third place in the 50 free. Elizabeth Esteban was first in the 100 fly. Jacob Hertzog was first place in the 100 fly. Caden Niece was first in the 100 free. Cayla Garcia was first in the 500 free. Tristan Peterson was first in the 500 free. The girls 200 free A relay took first place.  Elizabeth Esteban took first place in the 100 back. James Bolton was first place for the 100 back. Grace Esteban was first place in the 100 breast. Caden Niece was first in the 100 breast. The A relay team for girls in the 400 free relay placed second. The A boys relay team for the 400 free relay got first. 

The Cabot Swim team gave it their all against Conway. Cabot fought hard and took second place. 

“I did really well, cutting time in everything. It was also a lot of distance, but I still pulled through on everything, so I’m proud of myself,” junior Sara Davis said.

Cabot may have lost, but their efforts will not be forgotten.