Irresistible IHOP

Irresistible+IHOP

Kira McHale, Staff Writer

After a three month transformation from a prior establishment, the new IHOP has become a staple in the Cabot community. Upon opening, the place was buzzing with business. Senior Bryan Souza visited the Friday after the opening. “It was a little slow ‘cause it was really busy, but they were really nice,” Souza said. According to the manager, over 120 people were able to secure a position because of the new restaurant, several of which being our very own Cabot High School students.

One unique touch to IHOP is the newspaper clippings of the high school’s sports articles, framed around the walls of the restaurant. According to manager Misti Jaco, this IHOP happens to be the only one in Arkansas with a coffee bar. The coffee bar menu features approximately 21 beverages, three of which are milkshakes, and at least eight different freshly served desserts.  The different types of drinks include the Hot Americano, Iced Latte, French Toast, Hot Chocolate and according to the manager, the most popular at the moment, the Blended Frozen Caramel. “All of our desserts are made right here in store,” Jaco said. “We want everyone to have a good experience, and we try our best, but they need to keep in mind that we opened a brand new restaurant with approximately 120 new people that have never worked for IHOP before. It’s gonna take a little bit of time for them to learn the ropes and to get better, but we will get there,” Jaco said.

Many students from Cabot High School have taken the time to dine in at the new restaurant and get firsthand experience. “Like, all my friends work there, so I get to see them when I go, and the food is really good,” junior Brice Witham said.