Power-Up

Power-Up

Kirstyn Johnson, Copy Editor

At some point this year, you may have noticed a tower on the library’s front desk with portable devices inside. These are power stations from Omnicharge Inc. which provide the user with power to charge devices while on-the-go. They have become very popular across campus, and almost every charger is checked out each day.

The power stations were brought in near the end of the last school year. “Our technology director and Mr. Forester went to a conference, and at that conference they met the vendor, the person who makes those, and he wanted us to pilot this and try it in our school so that they could see how it works here and if they could sell us some more charging stations, or so we can recommend them to other schools,” Media Specialist Jill Weir said. They were tested only in the office and with library aides to work through any issues that may have come up. “We had some problems with their google accounts not syncing,” Weir said, “but by the end of the year we worked with the company to make sure that they were all good to go for the start of school this year.”

To use one of the portable power stations, you must download the Omnicharge app by Oomf Inc. on Google Play or the App Store and login with your school Google account. The app will then take you through each step to check it out. “You get to keep it for 24 hours, and in 24 hours you come and plug it back in, it will automatically check itself back in from you, and you can go ahead and check another one right out if you want to,” Weir said.